Thanks to Trop 50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 fabulous wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to help grant a friend’s wish!
Well I had every intention of starting this post with a definition of fabulous from Urban Dictionary, because seriously it’s one of my favorite sites ever. Let’s just say that plan didn’t pan out for me so on to plan B. What is plan B you ask? Wing it. That’s always my plan B because who really likes to be overly prepared, that just takes a lot of work.
My life has been a little chaotic lately and I haven’t recovered from the post baby hormonal surge as well as I did with my first child. There are a lot of little things that weigh heavily on my mind and my anxiety is at an all time high. Most days my kids bring me immeasurable amounts of joy, but there are days, oh there are days. There are days that make me wish…well let’s just say sometimes I have to look for joy elsewhere. On those days I have a list of blogs that I can go to and without fail end up laughing, tears in my eyes, snorting and gasping for air. That? That makes them fabulous to me. So here they are, a handful of ladies who bring the funny to my life.
1. Kristine from Wait in the Van – I’ve only been following Kristine for a short time but I can tell you this with absolute certainty, she brings the funny. I think my love for her was solidified by this post.
2. Brittany from Barefoot Foodie -Brittany is one of the funniest people I know, she is also one of my best friends in the whole world. I can tell you that her stories are true and while reading about her exploits is fun, hearing her stories in person is even better. Sometimes I randomly think about this post and I laugh, I’m pretty sure it makes people around me think I’m crazy, they just don’t understand.
3. Shauna from Shauna Glenn (heh) – Upon first glance a person might assume that Shauna is a stunningly pretty, sweet, well mannered gal. Then she opens her mouth and the word “vagina” falls out. Considering that the word “vagina” is on my short list of words not to be used (along with moist and panties of course) it never fails to make me giggle when Shauna breaks it out. I also adore her because I have no doubt that the conversation she relays in this post is not exaggerated at all, I only wonder what had to be edited out.
4. Allie from Hyperbole and a Half -I’m not sure there are words to describe the hilarity in Allie’s cartoons. Her archives are my most favorite internet wormhole to fall into. It doesn’t matter how many times I’ve read them, her posts always make my day brighter. I actually printed out this post and took it to the doctor’s office with me.
5. Jill from Scary Mommy – Sugar-coated is exactly the word I wouldn’t use to describe the way Jill writes about parenting, marriage and life in general. She manages to perfectly balance wit, humor, sarcasm and sincerity in a way that leaves you laughing in an oh-I’ve-so-been-there kind of way. After reading this post I decided I would be taking all my parenting how-to advice from her and her alone.
Don’t forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to support a friend’s wish. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.