Shoes of Summer: Lindsay Phillips Switchflops

I was introduced to Switchflops three years ago by my best friend. I was intrigued as she told me about her new flip flops that had interchangeable straps but honestly I was skeptical. I wasn’t sure how a shoe with Velcro straps purchased at a Hallmark of all places would keep from looking a little cheap.

Then I bought a pair.

I haven’t looked back. I can honestly tell you that I wear my Switchflops over 80% of the summer months. They are the most comfortable pair of flip flops that I have ever owned.

I wear them with everything from jeans to skirts to dresses. I always get lots of compliments and honestly people are usually surprised when they learn that the straps are removable. All three pairs have stood up to days (and nights) of long hours and multiple miles.

This is my entire collection of shoes. I have three pairs of shoes and ten strap sets, which basically means right there I have 30 pairs of shoes.

The Lindsay Phillips line, which started in 2007 with Switchflops, now also includes snap shoes, ballet flats, bags, scarves and an entire children’s line. The only thing more amazing than the products is Lindsay herself. The entire idea for these shoes started from a high school art project. Lindsay has an amazing story and an even more amazing product.

Now what are you doing still here? Go out and get yourself a pair! You won’t regret it.

Disclosure: I received one pair of shoes and 2 straps from the company. I purchased everything else on my own BEFORE. I was not compensated for this review and all the opinions are my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments 9

1. When I saw you changing your straps out in San Diego I was so confused, but after you explained it- GENIUS. Thanks for sharing!

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 9:50 am
  2. I’ve seen these in stores, but now that you’re telling me how comfy they are, I’ll have to get some. Comfort is #1 for me and my feet because I’m a delicate flower, and if you say they’re comfy, I’m getting some.

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 9:53 am
  3. Flip flops are my life. I have a million pairs scattered EVERYWHERE. These sound perfect for me.

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am
  4. I live in flip flops 9 months out of 12. I had never heard of these until this post. These look awesome. Like an answer to reducing the 70 pairs in my closet!

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 10:50 am
  5. I’ve never heard of these, but they sound (and look) BRILLIANT!

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 11:56 am
  6. Fantastic idea. These are adorable!!

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 12:17 pm
  7. Aha! These are perfect for people like me who can only manage to commit to one style of shoe. Which, incidentally, in summer, is the flip flop.

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 7:48 pm
  8. How have I never heard of these? MUST get a pair or five. I live in flip flops!

[Reply]

on August 15th, 2011 at 10:43 pm
  9. That is just awesome! I wish I were a thong/flip-flop kind of gal because I’d be buying these non-stop and getting to places very late because I was too busy playing with all these lovely things trying to figure out which one I want on NOW.

By the way, love your blog set up/design or whatever you call it – it’s absolutely beautiful!

[Reply]